Would you like to disable the bell sound that the putty terminal makes whenever you are using it? There is an easy way to do this.
To disable this feature under the default:
- Open your putty terminal
- Load the default settings
- On the left hand menu, navigate to Terminal->Bell
- Select the option None (Bell Disabled)
- On the left hand menu, click on “Session”
- Select “Default Settings” and click “Save”
Once this is done you have successfully loaded the default settings, set the alert so it won’t make noise, and save the settings as the default. This should keep things quiet for you!